It’s a fact that nearly no apps – even seemingly simple ones such as Selfie Stickers – are bug-free when they are first released. Thankfully, it’s possible to release updates that fix these issues and that’s exactly what I’ve done this week. The free update brings my iPhone app Selfie Stickers to version 1.1. Here’s the changelog:
+ Added haptic feedback (iPhone 7 & 7 Plus only)
+ Added preliminary VoiceOver support
+ Added French localization
* Changed the App Store name to “Selfie Stickers for iMessage”
* Fixed a bug that caused new stickers to not appear in the list until the app was re-opened
* Fixed a bug that caused stickers not to be sent due to incorrect scaling
* Fixed missing translations for photo library access
* Miscellaneous fixes and optimizations
As you might have noticed, I have changed the name of the app from “Selfie Stickers for Messages” to “Selfie Stickers for iMessage”. This makes it more obvious that you can only use the app with iMessage and not with other messaging apps. I’ve also added French localization and VoiceOver support as well as a touch of Haptic Feedback (pun intended).
You can head over to the Updates tab of the App Store app to download the update. Alternatively, tap here to download the app for free from the App Store.
After a few weeks of quiet research and development (no pun intended), I have launched my first app on the Apple App Store!
It’s called “Selfie Stickers for Messages”.
Quoting the App Store description:
Add a personal touch to any messages you send or receive with – wait for it – your own face! Selfie Stickers allows you to easily create your own stickers out of your selfies and other photos!
It’s as simple as 1-2-3:
1. Tap to take a selfie or select an existing one from your photo library
2. Crop the image to get the subject centered (a circular mask will be applied afterwards)
3. Done! Peel your facial expression of amazement away and stick it onto any message of your choice. Or tap to send the sticker as a photo for others to re-use!
Are you excited to try the new sticker feature in iOS 10’s Messages app?
Don’t like the existing, pre-built and emotionless stickers?
This app was made for you. It works with any picture you take and with all the photos you already have in your camera roll.
Turn that frown upside-down and send all the facial expressions your selfie camera can capture to your friends today!
Stay tuned for more features as I continue to enhance Selfie Stickers.
You can find it on the App Store for free:
It was a fun challenge and a refreshing departure from StarGame development and I hope you enjoy it as well. StarGame is also coming to the App Store pretty soon, so stay tuned for that!